Waikato Society of Potters Options (WSP)
WSP membership runs is based on the financial year running 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022.
Please note - this is regardless of the date you join.
Annual membership is $70 (for period 1 April to 31 March)
A 6-month membership is available at $40 for the period 1 April-30 September.
The Waikato Society of Potters is a member-based organisation. Although you do not have to be a member to enrol in our pottery classes there are many benefits to becoming a member.
CLAY CAN BE DIRT IN THE WRONG HANDS, BUT CLAY CAN BE ART IN THE RIGHT HANDS.
- Lupita Nyong'o -
Code of Conduct
The Waikato Society of Potters provides a space for a large number of diverse creative personalities who come together in this space to create, to socialise and enjoy the facilities.
Given the number of people the WSP Committee have developed the following basic rules:
Health and Safety
- All members and guests are required to sign in and sign out.
- The nominated person on duty has responsibility that all machinery is operated in a safe manner – they have the final say.
- In the glazing room there are signs stating when masks are to be worn, eg., when operating the spray gun, sanding bisqueware.
- No food to be consumed in the studio space, and only drinks in closed bottles.
- After using the studio, all clay will be cleaned up and your space left in a clean and tidy manner.
- It is expected that common courtesy and politeness is the basic rule of interaction with each other.
- No offensive or intrusive behaviour will be tolerated.
- If classes are in operation it is expected that there is no other member or visitor in that room at the same time.
- No member or guests are to be in the WSP rooms after hours unless with the prior express permission of the manager or person on duty.
Kiln packing and firing
- The Studio Assistant, Artists in Residence and Manager maintain a system for the firing of all pieces put forward for firing.
- There will be no queue jumping for any person on the basis of their commercial enterprises – this is a charitable organisation.
- Members will not remove work from kilns.
- All Eftpos and cash payments must be processed by a staff member, Artist in Residence or volunteer on duty.
- All clay purchases must be paid for – Eftpos is available.
- All firing and glazing costs must be paid in advance or arrangements made with the Studio Assistant or Manager.