This weekend at WSP
There is still no Play With Clay but that doesn't mean we are closed on Saturday.
- Teresa has kindly volunteered to open on Saturday morning 10am-1pm for drop-offs, pick-ups and, if you have made an appointment, glazing. If the door is locked, just knock.
- In the afternoon, Yasmin is teaching students to make ceramic jewellery in our first workshop since the recent lockdown. Numbers are obviously smaller than usual as we have to ensure 2m distancing in line with the government guidelines.
Dates: 1-3 October 2021
Ginny Lane is firemaster on an upcoming firing of the Phoenix wood kiln. It's not a lot of notice, COVID-19 put the brakes on a lot of things. If you have only ever put your work through the electric or gas kiln, I recommend you get involved in a soda firing. It's a whole new experience, you will learn a lot but it does mean a time commitment in that you need to participate on at least 2 of the 3 days. Check out the booking page for more information and the minimum requirements for the firing. Find out more...
Booking studio time
We are still operating under Level 2 COVID-19 restrictions which means we have to carefully limit the number of people attending the studio in order to be able to maintain 2m distancing.
Next week, we are opening a limited number of spaces to current WSP members only, on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons for a managed open studio situation.
- Only members can book spaces.
- Please only book if you wish to sit and work in the main studio using the hand-building tables, or use the wheels.**
- Bookings are for a 3-hour period as is usual for Open Studio.
- Only one booking is allowed per person.
- Please don't book on multiple days to allow a fair chance to others. If there are spots remaining on the day, we will open them up.
- Attendance is at the usual Open Studio rate of $6 or $5 with a concession card to be paid on the day.
- If you can't come, please give as much notice as possible as spaces are precious and we will want to offer the opportunity to others with reasonable warning. So, it would be great if you could check your diary before booking to avoid double-booking mistakes.
* If you wish to simply do a quick drop-off or pick-up (no glazing or studio work), or buy clay please don't book. You can just drop in outside of class time.
** Glazing still requires you to book a slot by contacting Stephen firstname.lastname@example.org
Pick-ups and drop-offs next week
Glazing appointments can be arranged. Please contact Stephen by email or call 07 838 1950.
We are still planning Term 4 classes but in the meantime, and if you can't wait until then there are a couple more short classes available for beginners. These are each just 4 weeks:
Sunday wheel throwing taster with Libby - 26 September - 17 October 2021
Introduction to Pottery with David - 1 October - 22 October
The Sculpture Park: Stories in the Landscape 2021
Call for Expressions of Interest
12th November 2021- 27th February 2022
The Art-in-Nature Arboretum Trust invites expressions of interest to take part in its next sculpture exhibition. This will be the 24th exhibition, held within the Sculpture Park at Waitakaruru Arboretum Events & Exhibitions - Call for proposals - The Sculpture Park