Last firings and holiday closure dates
We are now in the busy firing time of the year, the pressure is increasing on our kiln team, and we have had to make the decision to accept no further private kiln bookings. As a club and teaching studio, our priority is to club and class firing. We currently can not keep an acceptable turnaround with the pressure for kiln space if we continue to give one kiln up to private bookings. This means that while demand continues at current levels, all work needs to go through club firings at a piece by piece rate. Commercial firing or high volume (more than 4 per week) will be charged at a commercial per piece rate.
High volumes will not be guaranteed to go through the same firing as we have to offer fair access to all our club users.
We would also be grateful if you could be understanding of the added volume of firing at this time of year. Throughout the year we never promise a turnaround of less than 2 weeks. Expectations change because we usually manage it faster than that. However, please understand that there is added pressure this time of year so turnaround times will be a little longer.
Please take note of the final drop off dates for firing below.
- 3 December - last drop off for pre-holiday bisque firing
- 10 December - last drop off for pre-holiday glaze firing
- 20 December 5.30pm - Christmas Party
bring a (preferably handmade) gift for the Secret Santa swap game
- 23 December - Studio closes for the holidays - last day to collect things from studio
- 16 January - Studio opens
- mid-February - Term 1 Classes begin. Expected 13 Feb but TBC